Paternity issues typically arise when a couple has a child outside of marriage.   Without a legal determination of paternity, a mother can be confronted with a situation where she cannot receive child support from the child’s father and a father can be confronted with a situation where he does not have custody and/or access to the child.  Paternity matters can also arise in dissolution matter when the husband is not the father of a child born during the marriage.  

If you have a paternity related matter or questions concerning your rights as an unwed parent, please contact the Law Offices of Mary Ann Weems to discuss your options/rights.